From: Rozental, Gennadiy (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-01 14:55:56

> out. I think the sheer difficulty of generic/template/
> meta-programming should cause us to welcome thorough examples
> of working libraries, because at the least, they show us what
> can and can't be done, and serve as a model full of lessons
> that can be re-used in other contexts.

Let's not mix apples and oranges. C++ type system present natural
environment for FP techniques, and we bound to use them. While submitted
library promote FP in runtime environment. And I found it difficult to
justify to myself need for that without clear examples and tests.

> Even just discussing
> the library helps formalize idioms and practices that maybe
> some people find obvious, but are not gathered together into
> any definitive document.

These idioms already formalized pretty good in FP dedicated literature.

Gennadiy.