From: Gregory Colvin (gregory.colvin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-01 21:49:27

On Mar 1, 2004, at 6:23 PM, Brian McNamara wrote:
> ... Ideally I would like for FC++ to help bridge the FP and OOP
> communities, serving both as a way for C++ programmers to have a
> platform for realizing more "functional" designs, as well as offering
> FPers a way to experiment with C++ in a way that's familiar to them.

I view such a bridge as a worthy addition to Boost.

> Pragmatically, as a Boost library, the former concern should be more of
> a priority than the latter.

Both concerns must be met to make a satisfactory bridge. I have
no doubt that FC++ will meet them once you have incorporated the
changes discussed in this review.

I fully support the acceptance of this library into Boost.

Gregory Colvin PhD
Java Virtual Machine Group
Oracle Corporation
gregory.colvin_at_[hidden]
650-633-6041 (office, voice mail and FAX)