From: David Bergman (davidb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-03 11:50:18

David Turner wrote:

> These are my expectations of how a good C++ GUI library should behave:
>
> 1. It should be a consistent yet thin wrapper around the
> platform's native functionality.

This might invoke some screaming: I would love to have a GUI library that
could wrap .NET's Forms (using Managed C++.)

I know that Boost is supposed to be a library for standard C++, but there
has been room for pragmatism to accomodate compiler limitations. I just
wondered if there could be a tiny little room for this particular
"limitation" of C++ ;-)

Maybe one should start a list for "Boost in Managed C++," which could host
.NET Framework interactions as well? I might be the only one actually using
Boost for Managed C++, but a list of one is better than a list of none...

/David