From: Max Motovilov (max_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-03 18:58:35

"Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> Yep, but you are optimizing the rare "public member" case.

I beg to differ. Simple ADTs are likely to have public members, ditto
std::pair<>. Not to mention the fact that the member does not have to be
public if the pointer you're binding to it is "this" or if you're in the
"friendly" code. In fact, the problem David described was what largely
prevented me from using BLL in my code -- an inline function +
boost::ptr_fun() is very often easier to type and easier to read.

...Max...