From: Bronek Kozicki (brok_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-12 09:41:51

Daniel Frey <daniel.frey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> BTW: These things are good to discuss. I think some of this should
> make it to the documentation :)

I'd like to point your attention to
http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2004/n1600.html

This is actually not a proposal, just a status of properties as being
worked on by C++/CLI group. However please keep in mind, that once it's
established, it will go (or may go?) on the fast-track of C++ Committee.
C++/CLI properties are going somehow across (hm, I do not know if that's
a good word) ICF as proposed in N1611, as both may result in function
call taking form:
  object.member_variable

difference is that properties privide clean notion of getter/setter,
while in ICF things appear to be more complicated. On the other side
properties do not seem to support template getter/setter . I think
Committee will need to work it out, I just want to point that both
features (ICF and propeties) will probably need to meet somewhere in the
middle, thus some serious changes in ICF and/or properties will most
probably happen. I'm just guessing - Committee members are present on
this list and their opinion (opposite to mine) have some actual
foundation.

B.