From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-21 22:04:37

"Neal D. Becker" <ndbecker2_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I believe some parts of pqs may be just what I need for some other purposes.
> I'm really interested in binary_operation. Code to infer return type of
> arithmetic operations is useful for other purposes, particularly since it
> appears to include std::complex.

As I've pointed out in the past, Joel de Guzman has posted what I
believe to be the definitive implementation of this return type
deduction facility. Lost my connection at the moment, but it should
be findable through the usual boost archives. Look for a thread
titled "limited form of type deduction" and http://tinyurl.com/ofqf.
In the sandbox, see boost/utility/type_deduction.hpp.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting