From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-22 11:26:07

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:03:45 -0000, "John Maddock"
<john_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>OK, checked and working with Intel 8.

Thanks.

>However I have discovered another good reason to use and rely upon -Qvc7.1
>and -Qvc7 : without these not only does the Intel compiler set _MSC_VER to
>1200, but it also disables things like ADL :-/

Intel C++ for Windows has always had ADL disabled by default. That was
when it followed VC6. Now that Visual C++ has ADL, Intel enables it
too, when you use -Qvc7.1, and keeps the old behavior when you don't.
To enable it anyway use

  -Qoption,c,--arg_dep_lookup

FWIW, I always use at least the following in my .cfg file:

  /Qms0
  /Zc:wchar_t,forScope
  -Qoption,c,--arg_dep_lookup
  -Qoption,c,--alternative_tokens

plus, when possible, /Za and -Qoption,c,--dep_name in the command
line. If you have other things that can be useful... Collecting the
switches that unleash the real beast living inside Intel C++ has
become sort of a hobby of mine :)

Genny.