From: Joerg Walter (jhr.walter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-24 02:34:59

Hi Joaquin,

you wrote:

> > To try it out I ported the example from
> > http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~musser/stl-book/source/ex18-01.cpp.txt to use
> > indexed_set<>. Port attached. I didn't see a performance penalty. But
the
> > test could be IO bound and I didn't profile.
>
> Is it only me, or did you forget to attach the code?

Nope, we either have a mailing list or an OE problem. Uploaded to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/tcs.cpp

> > I miserably failed to define a composite unique key for my indexed_set.
> > Should this be possible? One more question: is there an (easy?) way to
> > iterate over the distinct values of an index (or to define the index as
the
> > set of distinct values of the related attribute(s))?
>
> Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but please
> take a look at the compose_key class in example 6 of
> the examples section.

I already had. Trying to define

typedef is::indexed_set<
  study,
  is::index_list<
    is::non_unique<is::tag<student_tag>,
        is::identity<study>, advisor_comparer>,
    is::non_unique<is::tag<advisor_tag>,
        is::identity<study>, date_comparer>
    is::unique<is::tag<pk_tag>, compose_key<
        BOOST_INDEXED_SET_MEMBER(study, string, name),
        BOOST_INDEXED_SET_MEMBER(study, string, advisor)

>,
>
> tcs_genealogy;

failed to compile in compose_key's

  template<typename Arg>
  result_type operator()(Arg& arg)const;

and I didn't see how to adapt it.

[...]

> > If Joaquín is going to invent indexed_map, too, then indexed_set is OK.
>
> What should we do then with the namespace indexed_sets?
> (mind the final 's')

If namespace boost is not OK, then namespace boost::container probably would
be a better choice.

Best,
Joerg