From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-29 22:54:25

Hi Joaquin,

>Maybe you have still some spare time to take a look at
>the review notes and state your opinions on best namings
>and header organization for indexed_set.

I like "multi_index" for the container name. As far as namespace, I like
shorter names, so what about mdx -- if it's still available :)?

By the way, thanks for your concern not to clash with RTL "table". We just
went through the (emotionally painful) process of replacing our "tuple" with
"row". Somehow it didn't occur to me before that boost::tuple::tuple is
lifted into the boost namespace :(

>* Have you looked at mpl_index_list? This facility was
>designed with RTL in mind so as to ease the internal
>creation of indexed_set instantiations. Useful for your
>particular needs?

I am printing it out and will take a look on my way to work tomorrow...

>* (off-topic) How's the RTL stuff going on? Planning
>on open some public discussion on its design aspects?
>I'd certainly love to contibute in that.

We had some discussions with Pavel, and went on to implement some of his
suggestions. I think we'll be able to soon come up with a new version that
would include a few changes, such as fully re-implemented join, an
additional (based on your yet-unnamed-container) table implementation,
lambda support in selection, etc.

As far as design discussions -- public or private -- they are always
welcome... I am not sure how to "open" them without asking for the formal
review... And we are not yet ready to it.

Arkadiy