From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-31 09:43:24

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:08:07 -0500, David Abrahams
<dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>Bronek Kozicki <brok_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Relevant Knowledge Base article with list of fixes is here
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834001
>>
>> Actual download (63MB) is here
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A8494EDB-2E89-4676-A16A-5C5477CB9713
>>
>> I though that Boost.Python users might be interested
>
>Thanks for the heads-up!

Dave, is there a boost policy about these sorts of things? I mean:
should we always use the latest patch level of each compiler? In this
case, for instance, if you test things with VC6 SP5 and they work you
may be reasonably sure they also work with SP6. But if you test with
SP6... you could be taking advantage of new fixes, and users who still
use SP5 would be forced to update their compiler. For private uses
that's not a problem, but in a more complex (commercial) environment
it could be impossible.

Genny.