From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-01 10:08:52

Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>> Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
>> > That's because the BoostBook builds have been failing for us for a
>> > while (see the attached log). Unfortunately, neither Misha nor I
>> > had time to look into it yet; it might as well be a local problem.
>> > We'll try to sort it out in a day or two.
>>
>> Apparently, mailman decided to strip your attachment :-(
>
> Indeed.
>
>> What is the reason that mailman rejects any attachments at all?
>
> Unknown, since nobody spoke up since http://tinyurl.com/2mqkr. IMO we
> should just restore the status quo.

Problem is that it's unknown what the status quo was. The current
status is that the following MIME types are let through:

  multipart/mixed
  multipart/alternative
  text/plain
  text/x-cplusplus
  text/x-c++src
  text/x-c++hdr
  text/x-csrc
  text/x-chdr
  text/html

but HTML will be converted to plaintext.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting