From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-02 10:08:03

Hi Vladimir,

On Apr 2, 2004, at 12:58 AM, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Sorry for being unclear. I mean that if I find 'make_label_writer'
> call in
> C++ code, I don't know where to look for documentation. There's no
> single
> list of all functions with links to documentation, ala "namespace
> members"
> in doxygen documentation.

Ahh. Yes, we do need an index.

>> So is your problem with external property maps, or with some graphs
>> that don't provide a vertex index property?
>
> The problem is that if a graph don't privde vertex index property,
> then it's
> not possible to create efficient external property map -- the only way
> know is std::map, which is not as fast as property maps which use
> indices.

Is there some reason you want to have a graph without a vertex index
property
and also use external property maps? If not, just use graph a with a
vertex
index internal property. Or am I missing something?

> Ah, but the documentation does not say that std::string is convertible
> property<vertex_name_t,std::string>("brother"), at least I can't find
> it.

Oops, there's lots of stuff missing from the docs for property. I've
checked in a bunch of additions.

> Also, what happens if vertex_propety is
>
> property<vertex_name_t, std::string,
> property<vertex_index_t, unsigned> >
>
> will conversion from std::string or property<vertex_name_t,
> std::string>
> work?

Nope. See the new docs.

> Probably, but we'd need to way to associate PropertyTag with each
> member.
> Another idea: isn't this a good application for named function
> parameters?
>
> add_vertex(g, vertex_name_t("brother").vertex_index_t(10));
>
> ? I'm still in dark about named parameters used by BGL or the upcoming
> named
> param library, so is not sure if this exact syntax is implementable.

That's a good idea.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Jeremy Siek <jsiek_at_[hidden]>
http://www.osl.iu.edu/~jsiek
Ph.D. Student, Indiana University Bloomington
Graduating in August 2004 and looking for work
C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org)