From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-03 16:50:03

"Reid Sweatman" <drunkardswalk_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> A link to the up-to-date docs for the CVS should be hidden away
>> (slightly) on the page targeted by the above link. It could be
>> either:
>>
>> Generated Docs (Nightly Build) - points to subset of docs that are
>> generated from boostbook sources,
>> with a clear note at the top of
>> the link's target page saying that
>> it's only a subset of the complete
>> docs
>>
>> or, better:
>>
>> Nightly CVS docs - Integrates the boostbook docs rebuilt nightly
>> with a the docs that are stored in CVS as HTML,
>> yielding a page with the same format as the
>> "Documentation" page. The non-boostbook docs
>> can be acquired via nightly download or simply
>> linked-to using CVSWeb.
>

> Although I elsewhere and severally retracted my original comments as being
> slightly to the left of reality, I think the organization you suggest is
> somewhat better than the existing one. So one person throws his nickle on
> the grass for this one, in any event.

OK, I implemented something like this. The generated docs link is on
the getting_started page with the other CVS info. Should appear at
http://boost-consulting.com/boost/more/getting_started.html#CVS
within the hour. Note that the home page has "Libraries" and
"Documentation" links that point to the same place. I just thought
some people would be more comfortable if there were a link called
"Documentation" on the home page.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting