From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-04 17:05:52
Indexed set library by Joaquín Mª López Muñoz
has been accepted into Boost.
Thanks Joaquín for innovative and professional
work and for keeping up during moments when
feedback was rather low.
Review of the library was very positive. Thanks to all
people who spent time contributing.
Several points to improve had been identified during review.
Consistent names for the library were discussed and hopefully
Some points Joaquín did or plans to address:
1. Issue BOOST_STATIC_ERROR if duplicate tags. This I've already
done in my local version. Works OK.
2. Extend operator== and familiy to support indices over elements of
different types (Gary Powell). I've done it in my local version, no
3. Improve efficiency of equal_range (Arkadiy).
4. Include bimap in the roadmap.
5. Include ranked indices in the roadmap.
6. Include serialization support in the roadmap (it's already there.)
8. compose_key and lex_compare promoted to the library (they are
implemented in examples now.) No problem from my part.
9. Include a concepts section for multi-indexed containers. David
accepted that this be delayed.
1. Navigation bar in the docs.
2. Limit source code to 80 chars per row (already done.)
3. Limit source code in the docs to 80 chars per row.
4. Rename "far pointer" to "chained pointer". I don't like this.
5. Other stylistic improvements that I've already applied.
As for header organization, I'll move to a fine-grained policy.
New features and usage techniques are identified and will
likely be implemented and documented. Care is taken keep
the library easy to use.
PS: could someone try to run test "test_all_main.cpp" with
VC 6.5 or 6.6. and report result exit code, please?
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk