From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-05 10:40:29

First off, BCP is excellent. Here is a suggestion which might make it even
more excellent, but it might not be deemed doable or important enough
considering the extra parsing that needs to be done. I would like to see BCP
be able to take a compiler-version/operating system/standard library, or
some combination of these possibilities, and produce its file list with
these extra narrowing possibilities. This would largely mean being able to
look at the config files and eliminate the files which don't pertain to a
particular compiler/os/standard library, but it might also affect other
files among Boost's headers and libraries.

My idea is that one may want to only distribute certain Boost files and
libraries for a particular implementation, whereas BCP gives all related
files for a particular file without considering specific implementations.

I realize that such an undertaking may be a considerable amount of work and
I am not trying to saddle John Maddock with it, especially as manually
eliminating files which do not pertain to a particular implementation may be
fairly easy. Ideally, however, it would be nice if one could do this
programatically.