From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-06 13:47:32

"Giovanni Bajo" <giovannibajo_at_[hidden]> writes:

> John Maddock wrote:
>
>> Yes, but it's a more general iterator type rather than just regex
>> specific, incidentally I also have a use for a "fileview" class which
>> presents a files contents as a pair of random access iterators.
>
> Like what, boost::spirit::file_iterator
> (boost/spirit/iterator/file_iterator.hpp)?

Probably, but a rhetorical question:

     "Where is the documentation for this component?"

http://www.boost.org/libs/spirit/doc/file_iterator.html is really
inadequate. I can't even tell what iterator category it provides.
FWIW, regex requires bidirectional iterators. IMHO, Spirit sorely
needs some formal reference docs.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting