From: Michael Stevens (Michael.Stevens_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-08 07:01:55

Hi All, (particularly Jaakko!)

While working on using BLL's operator return type mechanism in uBLAS I
stumbled on the problem the recent (snapshot) GCC-3.4 has with BLL.

I noticed Jaakoo checked in the following patch a few days ago as a
workaround.

#if BOOST_WORKAROUND(__GNUC__, == 3) && __GNUC_MINOR__ >=4
#include <vector>
#else
namespace std {
 template <class T, class Allocator> class vector;
}
#endif

>From my own research the problem is not just restricted to 'std::vector'. It
certainly also occurs with 'std::map'.

I assume (have not verified) that the problem is related to hidden template
parameters in the gcc-3.4 implementations of the std containers.

OR is the problem simply a bug (an regression) in gcc 3.4

Too late for gcc 3.4 but I will submit a bug report if no one else has already
done so.

Michael

--
Michael Stevens Systems Engineering