From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-14 08:19:04

"John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> Check it out, I can't get the following program to compile, even with
>> -Qoption,c,--arg_dep_lookup:
>
> Dave, are you sure about this? I've just tested your test case and mine,
> and both compile with Intel 8 just fine in both VC7.1 compatibility
> mode,
> and in strict ANSI mode. I'm using compiler build:

Please, what are the command lines you're using?

Incidentally, I've been using /ms0 as supplied by my intel-win32
toolset, but we ought to set that up to yield the most conformant
behavior possible.

Also, we ought to find a way to ensure that
BOOST_FUNCTION_SCOPE_USING_DECLARATION_BREAKS_ADL is set properly
based on the capabilities of the compiler under whatever
configuration's in use.

> Intel(R) C++ Compiler for 32-bit applications, Version 8.0 Build 20040318Z
> Package ID: W_CC_PC_8.0.048
>
> Which is the latest release I believe.

OK; I need to download that one I think.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting