From: Jan Gaspar (jano_gaspar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-24 01:07:58

Hi Jeff!

--- Jeff Garland <jeff_at_[hidden]>
wrote:
> I'm looking at using circular buffer on a project.
> With only minor adaptation
> it does exactly what I need. I know it has been
> accepted, but isn't yet in
> CVS. So I have a few questions:
>
> 1) Is 3.6 from the files section the latest version?
Yes, it is the latest version. I'm working on the
postreview one, but I have just little time for it
now. I hope I won't miss the next 1.32 release of the
boost libs.
> 2) Any showstopper bugs I should be aware of?
No, go ahead.
> 3) I'm assuming it works with VC7.1 and gcc 3.x?
Yes, but there were some minor problems I think with
gcc 3.4. If it will not work with your version of gcc
look at the discussion regarding formal review of
circular_buffer where you will find how to fix it.
> 4) Looks like my interface needs will be pretty
> basic: push_back, erase,
> clear. I assuming review changes won't impact
> these, correct?
Your assumptions are right, no changes.
> 5) Any reason it is NOT ready for prime time?
See answer for 1).

> Thx for the great submission!
>
> Jeff

Best regards