From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-25 19:26:58

Forgive the possibly naive question -- I have never used the
serialization library, but I have used MFC serialization. I am curious
if the boost serialization library can be made backwards-compatible with
MFC serialization; that is, if I have an old application that uses MFC
serialization, would it be possible to switch to the boost serialization
library and still have the ability to read old (MFC) archives?

I'd like to know:
- if it's possible
- how hard it would be (would it require reverse-engineering the MFC
archive format? is that format stable? documented?)
- what the advantages of switching are

Thanks.

--
Eric Niebler