From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-27 01:48:41

Neal D. Becker wrote:

> So, see a pattern here? Only the version built with gcc34 shows this
> problem. I wonder why? Perhaps in overriding the choice of compiler I
> caused the problem.

Probably. At least when I rebuild with 3.4 I don't have the problem.

> BTW, does bjam record anywhere what options were used on the build? I'm
> not sure I remember what command I used to build with gcc34.

You can remove all libraries (in "stage" and in
"bin/boost/libs/program_options" and then run bjam with the -n option. It
will print all command lines.

You might also try adding "-save-temps" option to the gcc command line so
that it produces preprocessed file, and grep those files for 'pthread'

At least we'll know where the problem occurs.

- Volodya