From: Andreas Huber (ah2003_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-01 12:05:22

Dave Gomboc <dave <at> cs.ualberta.ca> writes:

> I'm revisiting Czarnecki and Eisenecker's work (Generative Programming:
> Methods, Tools, and Applications) from 2000. I'm wondering what is
> available in boost that exploits (or even advances) on the techniques
> and code examples given there.
>
> It occurs to me that both the concept_check and the mpl library have
> something to offer in this respect. At the very least, there are few
> obvious things (e.g. if, apply_if, etc. in mpl). Is anyone actively
> applying boost code in this area?

FWIW, boost::fsm (preliminary submission in the sandbox, formal review request
will follow soon), uses MPL to generate hierarchical/orthogonal state machine
entry-/exit sequences and dispatch tables. State machines are also checked for
errors (invalid transitions, etc.) at compile time.

Regards,

Andreas