From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-27 13:03:57

"Ferdinand Prantl" <ferdinand.prantl_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> it think, it is good to be able to turn on debugging for the one library
> only, at least sometimes, and to to have the debugging output from all.
>
> I would not get rid of local debugging macros completely - thy could be
> defined according to the global presence of BOOST_DEBUG, e.g.
> Then, one can easily control the full debug output with BOOST_DEBUG
> or refine the configuration with a separate BOOST_XXX_DEBUG.
>
> Do you see it sensible?

Current situation is that library uses its own debugging
system/macros/settings (with no common naming conventions
or common structure). This should stay - it is useful
under circumstances and radical change may cause troubles.

BOOST_DEBUG and BOOST_NDEBUG are IMHO maximum
what can be asked and actually accomplished. Finer grained
BOOST_XXX_DEBUG macros may be too much and may end
being ignored in practice. (I would like to have them.)

/Pavel