From: Robert Bell (belvis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-28 13:52:19

Iain K. Hanson wrote:
> My comments are based, so far, are based on a breif reading of the
> documentation and I plan to re-read it more carefully along with the
> implementation and provide further feedback. My gut feel is that this
> framework is too heavy weight and a one size fits all solution. Whereas
> I think that an FSM equivelent to STL collections would be a better
> approach.

I've always been interested in crafting an STL-style approach to FSMs,
with perhaps different implementations of state machines offering
different FSM features (actions, conditions, composite states, history
states, etc.) and different performance characteristics, similar to how
the standard containers offer different features and performance
characteristics. It seems like it might be a promising approach, but
I've never had the time to flesh it out.

Bob