From: Deane Yang (deane_yang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-02 22:19:32

What was that comment in "Field of Dreams"?
"Build it and they will come"?
It might take a while, but I think it'll happen.
I think the idea of building a serious boost math library
is great!

I am more of a mathematician than a C++ programmer,
and I think both C++ and boost are absolutely wonderful.
C++ allows me to implement in code the same principles
and techniques of abstraction that I use in my (completely
pure) research. All of boost is built using these same
principles; I found it completely miraculous that I could
find a software library that is completely compatible with
the same philosophy that I use to do mathematics and write software.

If boost can package crucial mathematical algorithms and
functions in a suitable abstract framework, it would be
great.