From: John Phillips (phillips_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-05 14:04:36

David B. Held wrote:
> "Walter Landry" <wlandry_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>
>>[...]
>> http://www.oonumerics.org/FTensor/
>>[...]
>

>>From what I can see, oonumerics is just a loose collection of
> libraries without any particular reviewing standards. Is that a
> fair claim? I don't see why Boost couldn't contact the authors
> of the libraries featured there and ask them to submit their
> libraries to Boost. Would that be a sensible thing to do? After
> all, it looks like those libraries are probably well-developed and
> thought out by experts in those domains. The benefit of having
> them in Boost, of course, is the review that ensures high code
> quality, uniformity, and sharing of redundant facilities. And I
> don't see that there is any conflict between having them listed
> on oonumerics.org and also be Boost libraries. Is there?
>
> Dave

   The only problem I see is that many of the libraries listed at
oonumerics haven't been under development for a few years. This could be
because the authors are happy with what they have and see no need for
further work on it or because they just stopped working on it. I have no
way to know that, but either way I would expect it to be hard to get
them involved in boostifying the work.

                        John