From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-12 07:06:02

"Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> Err. The whole point of using ".hop" was so that we could quickly
>> search through all the CO++ source files with a simple filename
>> globing pattern. This is one of the first conventions we
>> established, at NICO's wise insistence. At least use ".pip", please!
>
> I seems that it would be much more easier to update search pattern
> so it includes *.Cox then change all files extensions.

And how many other patterns do I need to add?

    .ixx
    .inl
    ?

> Moreover these files are located not in header but in a test
> directory and I don't see a reason to name it with .ipp extension

I already gave a reason (I don't care what the extension is as long as
it ends with "pp").

> (which is IMO is reserved for implementation placed in header).

> Maybe original convention does not meet our current reality/needs?

The only real argument I've heard against the convention so far is
that people have broken it in the past and we have some cleanup to do.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting