From: Eddie Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-12 22:10:07

David Abrahams wrote:
> "Eddie Diener" <eddielee_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Gee, I am glad every programmer is doing so well under Bush-onomics,
>> that they never need to be paid for what they do. That certainly has
>> not been happening in the area of the US in which I live, but I am
>> willing to believe the rest of the country is much better. I am very
>> appreciative of Boost being free, make no mistake about, and I see
>> great things being done on SourceForge and amidst programming
>> communities contributing free code to others. But I am sure glad
>> myself I am not starting out in the programming world as a young man
>> at this time. I can hardly feed my own face, much less a family, so
>> if I were starting out again I would throw up my hands in despair,
>> or consider life as a monk on Mt. Athos as being just as good a
>> solution <g> .
>
> What is the point of this rant? Though I can't figure out what you're
> talking about, it makes the following sound inauthentic at best:

Here is my advice to you. Get a life, lighten up a little, permit yourself
to take seriously something outside of your own thinking about programming.
Even on the Boost NGs there is room for that. And finally stop trying to
read into remarks that I make some sort of evil intent. I have only the best
admiration and wishes for the programmers at Boost. But I speak my mind and
will continue to do that as long as I live no matter how popular or
unpopular are my understanings or opinions.