From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-17 10:45:44

John Nagle wrote:
>That's a much better approach than the previous one.
>It's sound C++, and it's simple.
>All the operations go in string_base. fixed_string
>need only allocate space.

I have now checked in a working implementation of the approach I suggested.
It uses a trick to pass the information to the implementation via the
basic_string_impl class and has a complicated implementation of swap
(non-virtual :)!).

The only functions not available to [w]char_string are substr and +, but
these are available in fixed_string itself.

I have also fixed the problems with fsstring.hpp and Borland, since Borland
may make strcpy, etc macro functions to its intrinsic versions (__strcpy__,
etc.)

Regards,
Reece

http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/