From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-28 21:34:37

Joaquín Mª López Muñoz writes:
> This is the plan for release of Boost.MultiIndex. This is
> a newly added library.
>
> Current status: commited in the CVS since 6 weeks or
> so. Regression tests are OK for all the compilers that
> I intend to support. If someone is interested in some
> other compiler being supported, please contact me.
>
> Pending issues:
> #1 Minor updates to the docs. No big deal.
> #2 Some changes related to the new defect macro
> BOOST_NO_POINTER_TO_MEMBER_TEMPLATE_PARAMETERS
>
> These issues will be resolved way before the branching
> date, I hope.

Thank you for the report.

> Questions:
> #1 Dave talked about Aleksey going to merge a new
> version of MPL in the main trunk. When will that
> happen?

As reflected on the release progress page, I plan to check everything
in on July 11 or earlier.

> How disruptive do you expect it to be wrt to
> the rest of libraries?

Minimal disruption; I plan to test everything that is in the CVS main
trunk with the new version and fix all the failures that I know how to
fix locally before checking in. I expect all failures to fall into
this category.

> #2 Should I update the additional stuff right away (links
> in the main and libraries pages, uploading of bio and
> picture etc.)?

Yes, please.

> Or is anybody else taking care of that
> stuff?

Not yet; please feel free to go ahead.

> #3 Vladimir just talked about "adding markup for the failures".
> What is this?

You can explicitly mark up some "unfixable" failures as such --
preferably providing a corresponding note -- so that they are
displayed in green (or gray if they make the library unusable) on the
"extended" Win32 and Linux regression reports
(http://tinyurl.com/yu2k2 and http://tinyurl.com/k36t). The branch
for release is going to happen when the report summary pages will have
only green and gray cells.

> Is this something required as part of the regression
> fixing process?

If you decide not to fix particular failures or not support particular
compilers, yes.

The failures are marked up in
"boost/status/explicit-failures-markup.xml" document
(http://tinyurl.com/2gbvr). Hopefully the already existing markup
examples make the format self-explanatory; please ask if you have any
problems.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering