From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-29 09:30:24

"Fernando Cacciola" <fernando_cacciola_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> escribió en el mensaje
>> > I think Dave's point was that Boost.Test is special: It has to freeze
>> > earlier because the regression tests rely on it.
>> >
>> > Darren
>>
>> Boost.Test rely on some other boost components (mpl for
>> example). Does that mean all of them need to be freezed? And how
>> earlier?
>
> Wow... really? what part of MPL exactly?

Almost of the MPL will continue to work as before, and will be
well-tested on a variety of platforms. The chance of that dependency
disrupting something is very low... and historically, MPL changes have
almost never caused regressions. Furthermore, as many libraries
depend on MPL directly as depend on Boost.Test, so I don't worry about
Boost.Test's dependency on MPL.

<opinion>
> Boost.Test is unboutless special and must be freezed at least 1 month before
> release.
</opinion>

["unboutless" isn't familiar to me]

> If Boost.Test relies on something else (which should be the less
> possible), these should be frozen too.
>
> Please, make a detailed list of all the library *features* you
> depend on and plan to freeze Boost.Test really soon (much much
> sooner than branch date).

Based on past experience, the chance that a late change to Boost.Test
will disrupt the release process is rather high, so I also request
that you make every effort to freeze as soon as possible. If new
features are not required in order to get this release out, maybe
they should be left on a branch for a month.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting