From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-29 19:52:19

Fernando Cacciola wrote:

> "Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> escribió en el mensaje
>
>>>I think Dave's point was that Boost.Test is special: It has to freeze
>>>earlier because the regression tests rely on it.
>>>
>>>Darren
>>
>>Boost.Test rely on some other boost components (mpl for example). Does
>
> that
>
>>mean all of them need to be freezed? And how earlier?
>>

> Wow... really? what part of MPL exactly?
> Boost.Test is unboutless special and must be freezed at least 1 month before
> release.
> If Boost.Test relies on something else (which should be the less possible),
> these should be frozen too.
>
> Please, make a detailed list of all the library *features* you depend on and
> plan to freeze Boost.Test really soon (much much sooner than branch date).

I dare say that Boost.Test should avoid dependencies on boost
libraries. I would suggest isolating the MPL dependencies even if
that means re-implementing the parts that it uses. Boost.Test is
special and avoiding cyclic dependency will help us not go insane.

Cheers,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com