From: Cromwell Enage (sponage_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-30 16:41:19

I'll be going on vacation for a couple of weeks.
Before I do, here's my latest work on the subject:

I've provided the remaining big_integral operations
(divide, modulus, gcd, and lcm) as well as an
absolute-value operation. I've had to split the
example program up, however, because the compilers I'm
using choke if I don't. In fact, only MSVC 7.1, which
is optimized for Windows, succeeds with the single
example lcm operation.

AFAICT the only way I can improve the performance of
the operations is by using more efficient algorithms
than the schoolbook ones I'm currently using.

--- Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Within the wrapper struct, in form of a conversion
> operator, so we can write something like
>
> typedef float_<2,718281828> e;
> std::cout << e;

I've gotten the syntax down to:

    typedef rational_c<int,positive_sign,4,5,8>::type
            shoe_size;
    std::cout << shoe_size();

This is also true for fraction_c and big_integral.

--- I wrote:
> BTW, how and where should I provide MPL lambda
> support, if at all? Admittedly I have no idea how
> that works.

Okay, I now remember what my Lisp teacher told me
about lambda expressions, and from delving deeper into
the source I have a better idea how MPL lambda works.

I should be back from vacation right after the new
version of MPL becomes available.

                              Cromwell Enage