From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-01 11:18:50

David Abrahams wrote:
> Daniel Frey <daniel.frey_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>>David Abrahams wrote:
>>
>>>Not unless you make it generic:
>>> template< typename T > void reset( T& t )
>>> {
>>> using std::swap;
>>> T x;
>>> swap(x, t);
>>> }
>>
>>It depends on whether or not we expect users to provide swap() as a
>>member function or as a free function for their own classes.
>
> We (meaning I) expect a free function :-)

Glad to hear that :)) It's just that I was under the impression that
this is not the generally agreed on consensus here, but this might be
misinterpretation on my side so I'd like to hear others comment on it.
John? Thomas? (Asking you directly because you seemed to favor member
function in the thread I referenced
<http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg52183.php>)

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial solutions & technology