From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-05 18:46:37

"Edward Diener" <eddielee_at_[hidden]> writes:

> What are the issues with call_traits which make it unusable ?

As far as I can tell, there is no clear documentation of what
_precisely_ any partcular member of call_traits<T> is for a given T.
It's even less clear what fallback the library uses when a full
implementation of call_traits would require partial specialization
that isn't available.

It seems as though the documentation is intended to be a more abstract
description of what happens, but it leaves me (at least) feeling very
unclear about what I'm actually getting.

It's also unclear to me what purpose is served by the "reference" and
"const_reference" members.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting