From: Vincent N. Virgilio (virgilio_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-05 00:41:01

Walter Landry wrote:

> David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>>* prod should be named operator*; this is a linear algebra library
>> after all.
>

> Actually, operator* can be thought of as either an inner product or an
> outer product. I'm not familiar with the innards of uBLAS, but that
> is a problem common to most linear algebra libraries.
>
> Regards,
> Walter Landry
> wlandry_at_[hidden]

I find that operator^ is an expressive syntax for the outer product. Of
course you lose a terse syntax for exponentiation; but perhaps that is
not important for the operands involved.

There is prior art, even on this list, in Jaap Suter's Geometric Algebra
library. (http://www.jaapsuter.com/)

Regards,

--
Vince Virgilio