From: edA-qa (edA-qa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-06 11:43:16

Andy Little wrote:
> Could take a look here:
> http://www.servocomm.freeserve.co.uk/Cpp/physical_quantity/index.html

A few questions about your library:
-How does one represent non-whole dimensions (such as m^1/2)?
-How do I add new dimensions (different types)?
-Will it work with non-fundamental/user-defined types, such as complex?
-Is it possible to automatically determine the type of a calculation?
That is, I want to declare q as the type of whatever a * b / c is?

It seems like a really functional library, accomplishing its task at
compile time (what I had hoped for in my code). Though it seems
extremely bulky and takes a while to compile.

> This is doable in my library at the above link.
> (However problems would start to arise if you need prefixed or incoherent

By doable, what do you mean? It is vitally important to my project that
all this typing is turned off to allow the compiler to get a high-level
of optimization.

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
Idea Architect