From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-15 01:32:06

Robert Ramey wrote:

> b) I believe that with a little effort the browser portability issues could
> be addressed. Basically there could be two index pages - a dynamic as well
> as a static one. All the "documentation pages" would be unchanged. I
> didn't really go into this because no one seemed to have a problem with the
> dynamic one.

To begin with, code like

if(navigator.appName.indexOf("Netscape") != -1){
        document.onclick = clickHandlerNS;

}
else
if(navigator.appName.indexOf("Microsoft") != -1){
        document.onclick = clickHandlerIE;
}

presumes that there are only two browsers out there, which is false. While I
can make Konqueror identify itself as Mozilla, and have stuff working, I
should not have to tweak the browser configs.

- Volodya