From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-16 06:38:14

Martin Wille <mw8329_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> It would be nice if we could drop serialization on compilers that
>> just aren't
>> going to work.
>
> Right. I once suggested that this should be
> implemented for all libraries. Its nonsense
> to run the tests for libraries which are marked
> as non-working for certain compilers. This should
> be a feature of the build system.
> We don't have that feature, yet. I'm not aware
> of anyone working on it.

I'd be willing to try, but I think we might get more bang-for-the-buck
if I set things up so that failed tests don't run until they're
outdated. That part can be done entirely within Boost.Build rather
than trying to figure out how to combine some XML markup with
it... unless something in the Jamfile that causes the test to be
skipped for certain toolsets is enough for you.

Thoughts?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting