From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-16 11:01:27

>Robert Ramey wrote:

>> I've just modified contents.html slightly so that the expand/collapse
>> functionality is only enabled all of the following are true:
>>
>> a) scripting is supported by the browser
>> b) scripting is not turned off
>> c) the browser is either IE or Netscape

>Please don't. As I've said, Konqueror has no problems whatsoever with your
>JavaScript. Can't you make just special case for IE, and and single code
>path for all other browsers?

My concern was to address the issue raised by those such as yourself who
felt that the javescript should be removed to be sure that its will work in
all browsers. I feel this addresses that concern but still permits browsers
on which the scripting has been test to use the collapse/expand
functionality.

What I have now is special case for IE and Netscape and no javascript for
all other browsers. As far as I can tell, this should work for all browsers
that support frames. If you've verified that Konqueror works well with the
javascript then add it to the list in the javascript code. Then we can
still have what we want and still maintain guaranteed compatibility on all
browsers.

Robert Ramey