From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-20 11:39:44

Michael Glassford wrote:
> John Maddock wrote:
>
>>> I've put them here: http://genericprogramming.com/boost
>>>
>>> Failures:
>>> - ublas (2)
>>> - test (_many_)!!
>>> - thread/test_read_write_mutex like on other compilers
>>> - random(2)
>>> - date_time/testmicrosec_time_clock -> should be expected???
>>>
>>> Furthermore some in range and serialization.
>>

>> That's not too good, the last release had a 100% pass rate for Intel,
>> this
>> one really should as well unless there are some really good reasons...
>

> The read_write_mutex is new, so it's not a true regression from the
> previous 100% pass rate. I'm currently working on the scheduling
> algorithm to make it pass its unit tests and hopefully deal with
> reported deadlocking issues.

Please, fix that quickly. Someone fixed the cause of the compile errors
for the more conforming compilers. So, now, I can expect the tests to
deadlock for every compiler. This is a showstopper for testing, IMHO.
I'm considering to remove the test from the Jamfile until the problem
has been fixed.

Regards,