From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-21 11:47:16

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 09:17:16AM -0700, Robert Ramey wrote:

> Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>
> >I've just tried building the program_options library, using GCC 3.4.1
> >on FreeBSD 4.8 and hit a couple of compilation errors.
> >One error is caused by the platform, one by the compiler's stdlib.
>
> Any chance we might convince you to run the whole test suite on the
> platform? I would be curious as to the results for the serialization
> library here.

Sure, but ..

I'm not able to compile it yet - more patches will be coming shortly.
The problems mostly stem from the fact that FreeBSD 4.x doesn't support
std::wstring, std::wstreambuf etc.
e.g.
libs/serialization/src/basic_text_wiprimitive.cpp should test
BOOST_NO_STD_WSTREAMBUF before using std::wistream

The wchar.h header is present, but incomplete, so GCC on FreeBSD doesn't
define the _GLIBCXX_USE_WCHAR_T macro, disabling all wchar_t support in
the C++ library.

The FreeBSD box is at work, so I can't do any testing during the day
because I have other things to do. I'll try to get some patches
prepared, and run the tests if possible, later this evening.

jon

--
"An alcoholic is someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do."
	- Dylan Thomas