From: val salamakha (v_s_ha_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-24 20:12:28

Alexander,

> --- Alexander Terekhov <terekhov_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I meant not the tennis stuff but the ACE's CV
> implementation.

> Well, I've just tried the latest and greatest ACE
> 5.4 on my
> MP IntelliStation. Same buggy behavior as in 2001.
> Looking
> at their CV impl, I see that they've not changed
> anything.

If you want to discuss concerning ACE, please use
PROBLEM_REPORT_FORM and send a report to ace-users
forum or onto my private address - not to boost forum.
It refines the problem and makes our discussion
subject-oriented without useless emotions.

Secondly, no need to re-invent a wheel again. If you
want reliable signaling between threads on Windows,
use the HANDLE-based Win32 mutex instead of playing
around "CRITICAL SECTION" implementations in your
wrapper class. Do not forget to mention about core of
the Win32 pseudo-mutex class as it did in ACE.

Take care

Valery