From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-25 05:23:01

> I figured out how to use bcp. See the results at:
>
> http://stl.nuwen.net/bsl.html
>
> I ran it on all of the directory names in libs, in current Boost CVS,
except for CVS, python, and serialization - the last two gave errors.

I'll look into it.

BTW if you run bcp on a lib subdirectory, you'll get all the dependencies of
that lib's *test code*. That should include all the headers (one would
hope!), but it often includes a lot more as well (like Boost.Test for
example).

> Low-hanging fruit is thus revealed:
>
> * I know I've seen the following people post to the Boost list recently.
They should be contacted about adding themselves to blanket-permission.txt.

> Andrei Alexandrescu
> Gennadiy Rozental
> Joaquín Mª López Muñoz
> Vladimir Prus
> Robert Ramey - http www rrsd com
> Howard Hinnant
> Thorsten Ottosen
> Joel de Guzman
>
> (I just compared "Authors we need to move to the BSL" to the last couple
of pages of Boost list archives, visually.)

> * Some people have files under the BSL, but not all of them. Example (I'm
picking on him because I've talked to him): Jeff Garland. He's listed as
having files under the BSL, and he's not in "Authors we need for the BSL",
so he doesn't have any non-BSL files. However, many date_file files are
listed in "Files With No Recognisable License".

Some of the regexes need updating to pick out the right wording, I just
haven't had a chance recently.

> * Some files - boost/iterator_adaptors.hpp, a huge (all?) chunk of
boost/mpl, and lots of stuff in libs/config/test - have no recognizable
copyright holder. That should be fixed.

They are machine generated, some by scripts, some by the C preprocessor, I'm
still unsure how to handle these.

Thanks!

John.