From: Misha Bergal (mbergal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-26 17:33:26

JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z <joaquin_at_[hidden]> writes:

> mbergal tests (see
> http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost-regression/developer/multi_index.html)
> fail for multi_index, but the error messages are not any helpful: a
> couple of warnings followed by
>
> Failure while executing 'cl' compiler ...email Comeau for advice.
>
> Any clue about what to about this? Thank you.

Yes. It is msvc back-end error:

D:\USERS\misha\Stuff\boost_regression\como\boost\boost/mpl/vector/aux_/iterator.hpp(36)
: fatal error C1064: compiler limit : token overflowed internal buffer

This seems to be a problem affecting many boost libraries. I've
contacted comeau support to find out whether they know of any way to
resolve this msvc problem.

If there is no workable resolution to it, I guess we might have to
eliminate the whole como-*-vc6 and use only MSVC 7.* backend.

--
Misha Bergal
MetaCommunications Engineering