From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-28 15:42:21

On Wednesday 28 July 2004 3:39 pm, Tonko Juricic wrote:
> I use
>
> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel
>
> to read group archives and I send my replies from
> Yahoo mail.
>
> After trying several variations on mail Subject
> prefixes I still can not make my replies appear as the
> part of the thread, when viewed from Gmane.
>
> I am sure some will find those 'detached' replies as
> annoying as I do so any suggestion on how to fix it
> would be much appreciated.

Don't use Yahoo mail :)

Seriously, most non-Web-based mail readers create the appropriate reply
headers. I've used KMail and Evolution (Unix), Mail.app (MacOS X), and
several variants of Mozilla and Outlook, and I believe all of them correctly
handle replies.

Your fellow developers will thank you :)

        Doug