From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-29 07:40:06

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:41:22 -0600, Jonathan Turkanis wrote
> "Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:19:38 -0600, Jonathan Turkanis wrote
> > (I was able to do it with right mouse on the right pane, open in new
> > window/tab). However, is there a way to get the address bar to
> point to the
> > right frame instead of the left pane so that the current URL is
> immediately
> > accessible? My major objection to frames is that I can't see and
> grab the
> > current URL...
>
> I agree. See http://tinyurl.com/3sdu6.

Thanks, for the pointer on sync. I didn't read all the rationale. I wish I
could come up with a more intuitive name -- it didn't hit me at first what
sync was for. Anyway, I was using Firefox 0.9.1 on Linux. I tested a couple
more browsers: Galeon 1.3.12 and Epiphany 1.0.7 automatically sync -- very
cool! Konqueror 3.2.0 does not :(

Oh, and I'm of course in support of boost-book initiatives to generate these
capabilties -- after all, transformation to various forms is the whole point
of getting the docs into xml...

Jeff