From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-30 09:19:48

"Thorsten Ottosen" <nesotto_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Dear All,
>
> I've put meself in a funny situation. I have a class with an begin() end() members, but I wan't to call boost::begin() boost::end()
> without the boost:: prefix so ADL is functional. Can that be done?

We ought to be seriously considering the approach of
http://tinyurl.com/3tu8a for Boost functions that, like begin() and
end(), rely on ADL. It may not solve the problem of accidental
conformance, but at least it allows code that invokes these functions
to be explicit about which algorithm is intended. If the boost
function can develop some intelligence about detecting concept
conformance of its parameters, it may allow us to avoid some
accidental conformance too.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting