From: Momchil Velikov (velco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-30 19:53:09

    Alexander> Momchil Velikov wrote:

> [...]
    Alexander> You can violate the distribution right only with
    Alexander> illegal/unlawful/pirated copies

>> But the only way to obtain a legal copy is to accept the license:
>>
>> "5. You are not required to accept this License, since you have not
>> signed it. However, nothing else grants you permission to modify or
>> distribute the Program or its derivative works. These actions are
>> prohibited by law if you do not accept this License"
>>
>> Is it possible to accept it and not be bound by its terms ?

    Alexander> You don't "accept" anything when you buy a book.

  What you do or don't with other kinds of merchandise is irrelevant.

  My question is simple: how can you claim you poses a legal copy of a
GPL'ed work and not be bound by the GPL ?

  What are the other means (if any) to obtain a legal copy of a GPL'ed
work ?

  Because the rights you claim you have under 17 USC 109 are
preconditioned on having a legal copy, no ?

~velco