From: Bronek Kozicki (brok_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-02 01:37:45

Roland wrote:

> BTW.: I think there is a typo in your post:
>
>> reinterpret_cast<PDWORD> ( &tls_index ),
>> reinterpret_cast<PIMAGE_TLS_CALLBACK *> ( &callback_array ),
>
> shouldn't they read:
> reinterpret_cast<DWORD> ( &tls_index ),
> reinterpret_cast<DWOD> ( &callback_array ),
>
> instead?

It's just a question of which winnt.h (indirectly through windows.h) you
are using. I'm using MSVC6 with original includes, possibly you have
newer Platform SDK. This whole structure could be just replaced by
"extern "C" DWORD _tls_used[6]; DWORD _tls_used[6] = ..." in order to
avoid conflicts in the future.

> However the callback never gets called for me. I tried to link with
> Multithreaded debug version of CRT.

I think that's because this structure is not placed in .tls section. On
my computer it's executed, possibly because I have different OS (Windows
Server 2003). We need to find a way to put callback address in .tls
section using older compilers.

B.